Not sure if you have bed bugs and want to know how to inspect your home?
Bed bugs hide in cracks, crevices inside furniture, mattresses, box-springs, book bindings just about anywhere, which makes finding them so difficult so following a systematic process can increase your chances of finding the bugs.
First, you will need to look up photos to see what the bugs look like in different stages of life. Bed bugs look different in each stage of growth and range dramatically in size and appearance. The first few growth stages the nymphs are extremely small almost invisible to the naked eye adults are about the size of an apple seed so you will need tools to help your inspection be more effective so .
- High powered flashlight, gloves and something to put the bugs into. Plastic vile or a glass jar will work well.
- Systematically inspect all linens for blood spots, fecal matter, eggs or bugs.
- Pay close attention to all the seams of the mattress and check the box-spring.
- Check nightstands
- Look for evidence of discarded exoskeletons, fecal matter, eggs or live bed bugs.
- Once the bed is inspected inspect the furniture near the bed.
Keep in mind that just because you do not see any bugs doesn’t mean they may not be areas you cannot see, they hide in-between boards where you cannot see them. If you cannot find evidence yourself and are still getting bitten you will need to contact a professional do it yourself methods very rarely work with eliminating this pest. Northwest K9 Bed Bug Detectives specializes in bed bug detection, prevention and extermination and services Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Tukwilla, Burien, Shoreline and surrounding areas. They use trained detection dogs and or visual inspections to confirm infestations.