Bed Bug Heat Treatment
Bed Bug Extermination With Heat Treatment
Heat Treatments have been proven to be the “gold standard” in Bed Bug Treatment methods and are 97% effective. Not only because it is effective, but because it is Green and Pesticide Free.
Heat works better than other methods due to the penetrating qualities that it provides. It works because an exact location of all bugs in an infested home is not necessary – if some bugs go undetected during an inspection, the heat will reach those areas.
How Does The Heat Process Work?
- Heat is pumped into a building and sections are used to bring everything in the room, the walls, floors etc. up to the necessary kill temperature of 122 degrees and then held for a minimum of two hours. In order to achieve that temperature everywhere the ambient room temperatures can reach up to 145-150 degrees. A good comparison is a very hot Sauna.
What Does A Bed Bug Heat Treatment Cost?
- Several factors are considered when pricing a heat treatment. Price is based on size of your home, the age of your home, whether or not there are basements, accessibility to the home and the existence of clutter within the home. Therefore we do not offer a “one size fits all” pricing structure for heat treatments.
- Eliminating Bed Bugs is a costly endeavor, regardless of the treatment option you choose. Therefore we recommend that you take the time to explore all your options with a technician specifically trained in Bed Bug Management & Elimination. We will walk you through the available treatments and recommend a method that will work best within your budget.
How Effective Are Heat Treatments At Eliminating Bed Bugs?
- We have found bed bug heat treatment to be effective in about 97% of all cases with just 1 treatment.
- Heat kills all life stages of Bed Bugs – the eggs, nymphs, adult bugs. It eliminates other pests as well.
- We offer a 40-day warranty on our thermal heat treatments, so if the first treatment does not work we will return for free to re-treat for free!
View the impact heat has on Bed Bugs.
How Simple Is Preparation?
- Preparation for Heat Treatments is much simpler than other methods
- There is no need to wash, dry and bag your clothing
- There is (usually) no need to dispose of your furniture
- Reduction in clutter may be required (based on Technician’s recommendation)
Why Does Heat Treatment Work Better Than Other Methods?
- Heat penetrates everything (furniture, carpet, walls, etc) and because of this the location of the bugs and eggs is almost irrelevant because the heat will kill all life stages of bed bugs.
- Heat treatments are guaranteed to kill all life stages of bugs, eggs and we can verify our success with our detection dogs.
- Heat is safe, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly by nature.
- The only more efficient method is whole building fumigation which is cost prohibitive in almost every case and reserved for the worst of the worst.
- Heat is better than other methods because when it reaches the proper temperature, it will eliminate 100% of bed bugs and eggs.
How Long Does This Bed Bug Treatment Take?
- Heat treatments typically take 1 day. Our crew starts in the morning and done by early evening, often times before dinner is served.
- There are scenarios that may require additional time, such as the size of building or home, how the building or home is constructed, how much insulation was used during the construction, if home has a full finished basement with a concrete floor, etc.
- Every structure is different, but it is rare that we have to do what we consider a two day job.
99% of our jobs are done in one day, but we’ll want to assess your situation before making an absolute guarantee.
How Long Do Pesticide Treatments Take In Comparison?
- Pesticide treatments can be effective if the infestation is in the very early stages before the bugs have spread into multiple nests in a room and multiple rooms and if the extensive preparation is done exactly as outlined by the pest control company.
- In many cases, 3-4 treatments may be necessary to completely eliminate and infestation, meaning your home or business remains infested while each 2 week period between treatments takes place.
- After infestations have spread the number of areas they can hide increases, thus making the use of pesticides less effective, because there is no way to know for certain all of the hiding areas the bugs and eggs located. Bed bugs will hide in anything or anywhere in a home they can find a dark crevice, fold or area.
- We are regularly contacted by Bed Bug infested Home & Business owners because the pesticide treatment plan they tried did not fully eliminate the bugs. This is referred to as “knocking down” an infestation or “controlling” an infestation. Pesticides can be effective in controlling Bed Bugs, but you have to ask yourself, would you rather control or eliminate Bed Bugs? For pesticides to be effective, the substance must hit the Bed Bug directly, as over time bed bugs have built up resistance to pesticides.
Will I Have To Throw Away My Bed And Other Furniture?
- Bed bug heat treatments allow clients to keep their belongings as long as they have not been severely infested, saving you the expense of replacing furniture.
NW K9 Bed Bug Detectives always offers free Bed Bug Heat Treatment estimates for customers. Call 206-801-3522 to get yours today.